What is eBenefits?
eBenefits is a portal; a central location for Veterans, Service Members, and their families to research, find, access, and, in time, manage their benefits and personal information.
- A personalized workspace called My Dashboard that provides quick access to eBenefits tools. Using eBenefits tools, you can complete various tasks. You can apply for benefits, download your DD 214, view your benefits status, in addition to other actions as needed. This workspace is available to you once you have created an eBenefits account
- A catalog of links to other sites that provide information about military and Veteran benefits
- Anonymous (no need to login, very little access)
- Basic (login, limited access)
- Premium (login, unlimited access)
We're working to streamline the processes for applying and accessing your benefits
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and Department of Defense (DoD) are committed to improving the online experience for you, our veterans and service members. Since our inception in 2009, we have added more than 30 features that allow direct access to your benefits and personal information. Look for additional feature and process enhancements in future quarterly releases.
Tell Us About Your Experience
eBenefits is interested in your experience of the portal and the systems related to the registration process. And we offer three ways for you to share with us:
- Fill out a form
- Take a survey
- Test the site for us: Join our email list of people who would like to participate in site feedback and user testing sessions. Participation can be done through your browser.
Why was eBenefits Created?
The President's Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors (Dole/Shalala) was established by Executive Order 13426 in March 2007. The Commission recommended the creation of a “My eBenefits” (aka eBenefits) web portal that would provide Service Members, Veterans, their families and authorized caregivers with a single sign-on, central access point to clinical and benefit data.