Welcome to eBenefits! This site is the result of a collaboration between the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Defense (DoD). We serve Veterans, Service members, Wounded Warriors, their family members, and their authorized caregivers.
What We Offer You
- A free Basic or Premium Account.
- A secure environment where you can safely access your personal information and perform self-service tasks.
- Applications (online and PDF) for disability compensatation and various benefits.
- Employment resources.
- A personalized Dashboard that you can customize to suit your preferences and information needs.
- Access to the National Resource Directory, which enables you to find links to resource based on subjects that interest you.
Levels of Access
To gain access to most eBenefits resources and services, you need an account. We offer the following two types of account, and both of them are free:
- A Basic account that gives you limited access to various features.
- A Premium account that gives you unlimited access.
To register for your free account, you need a DS Logon .
In March 2007, the President's Commission on Care for Returning Wounded Warriors (Dole/Shalala) was established by Executive Order 13426. The Commission recommended the creation of a Web portal that would provide Service Members, Veterans, their families, and authorized caregivers with a single sign-on, central access point to clinical and benefits information. eBenefits is the result of the Commission's recommendation.
The National Resource Directory (NRD) became part of eBenefits in 2014. The NRD is a partnership among DoD, VA, and the Department of Labor. Information found in the NRD comes from federal, state, and local govenment agencies; Veteran and military service organizations; non-profit and community-based organizations; academic institutions; and professional associations that provide assistance to Wounded Warriors and their families.