Veteran Readiness and Employment
We help Service members and Veterans get personalized counseling and support to guide their career paths.
Educational and career services for Service members and Veterans include:
- Understanding the best career options and choices based on your individual interests and capabilities;
- Benefits coaching and guidance on the effective use of VA benefits and/or other resources to help you achieve your educational and career goals; and
- Personalized academic or adjustment counseling to help you remove any barriers to your success.
Learn More About Veteran Readiness and Employment
- Find out about eligibility and entitlement requirements
- Learn about the five tracks to Veteran Employment
- Learn how the VetSuccess on Campus program can help Veterans, Service members, and their qualified dependents complete their education and prepare for careers
- Visit the VA/DoD eBenefits Employment Center to access skills translation tools, resume builders, and more
Apply for Veteran Readiness and Employment Benefits
VA may assist you in receiving veteran readiness and employment services to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching. Other services may be provided to assist Veterans in starting their own businesses or with independent living services.
If you are a Service member who is currently enrolled in the Integrated Disability Evaluation System and have not yet received a service-connected disability rating, you may still apply. Entitlement is based on the receipt of:
• VA Form 28-1900
• Documentation of referral to a military Physcial Evaluation Board, and
• Attendance at the initial evaluation appointment
Please contact your local Physical Evaluation Board Liaison Officer for additional information. Eligible Service members and Veterans can also apply for educational vocational counseling using the link below.
If you need help applying, you can appoint a Veteran Service Organization representative, claims agent, or attorney to act on your behalf. You can request a representative for VA claims here on VA/DoD eBenefits. If you prefer to apply online yourself please visit VA.gov.