Web Content View
A Service of the Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense
Do you have disabilities that are the result of a disease or injury incurred or aggravated during active military service? You may be eligible for monthly benefits no matter when or where you served.
To receive compensation, you must have all of the following:
- A current physical or mental disability.
- An injury or disease in service that caused a disability or aggravated a disability that existed prior to service.
- A link between your current disability and the injury or disease in military service.
Learn More About Compensation Benefits
Apply for Compensation Benefits
VA recommends you appoint an accredited Veterans Service Officer to help you initiate your claim, gather the required medical records and evidence, and submit your claim. You can appoint a Veteran Service Officer, claims agent, or attorney to act on your behalf by using VA/DoD eBenefits to request a representative for VA Claims . If you prefer to apply online yourself please visit VA.gov at www.va.gov/disability/how-to-file-claim.
To apply for compensation benefits:
- Select the type of compensation benefits you need (Disability or Dependent Compensation).
- Complete your application by providing information about you and your situation.
- Include (upload) supporting documents that support your claim.
- Submit your claim. You'll be able to track its status through the review and approval process.
Start Your Application for Compensation Benefits
Submit a claim for disabilities that you believe are related to your military service.
Apply to have a new child or spouse added to or removed from your compensation award.
Supporting Tasks for Compensation Applications
Upload additional documents to support your submitted compensation claim.
Request an attorney, claims agent, or Veteran Service Organization (VSO) to help you prepare and submit claims for benefits.
Give non-VA medical facilities permission to release your medical information to VA.
Manage Your Compensation Benefits
Check the status of your compensation claim and upload supporting documents.
Update your payment and contact information for your VA compensation benefits.
DFAS myPay single sign on from VA/DoD eBenefits has been disabled. You must sign into the myPay site directly using the above link in order to change or review pay information, leave and earning statements, W-2s and more.
View your payment history for VA benefits. If you are a surviving spouse or parent, you can view Dependent and Chapter 35 benefits.