Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits
VA may assist you in receiving vocational rehabilitation, employment services, and education and career counseling to help with job training, employment accommodations, resume development, and job seeking skills coaching.
Education and Career CounselingVA's Education and Career Counseling program is a great opportunity for Service members and Veterans to get personalized counseling and support to help guide your career paths. Service members are eligible to enroll in Education and Career Counseling if you are a Service member within 180 days of anticipated discharge from active duty or if eligible for Chapter 33 benefits while on active duty. Veterans are eligible to enroll within one year from the date of discharge or release from active duty, if you are participating in an education benefit.
- Career Choice - evaluation to understand the best career options for you based on your interests and capabilities.
- Benefits Coaching - guidance on the effective use of your VA benefits and/or other resources to achieve your education and career goals.
- Personalized Support - Academic or adjustment counseling and personalized support to help you remove any barriers to your success.
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment ProgramIf eligible and entitled, the Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E) Program can help Veterans with service-connected disabilities find meaningful, sustainable careers and connect you with training or other opportunities to help you reach your employment goals. Here are some ways VR&E can help you succeed in your career:
- Determine your transferable skills, aptitudes, and interests.
- Identify your viable employment and/or independent living services options.
- Explore labor market and wage information in your area.
- Identify physical demands and other characteristics of jobs you're seeking.
- Narrow vocational options to identify your suitable employment goals.
- Select a VR&E program track leading to your employment or independent living goal.
- Investigate your training requirements.
- Identify resources needed to achieve your rehabilitation.
- Develop an Individualized Written Rehabilitation Plan to achieve your identified employment and/or independent living goals.
Select an option from below to start your application for Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits.
NOTE: To apply online for Education and Career Counseling & Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Benefits, you must have an account with Premium Access.
This service is available to account holders with Premium Access .
- Register for an account
You need to be registered in DEERS in order to register for an account.