VA offers a variety of health-related benefits and services, including:
- A medical benefits package offering assurance that health and treatment services will be available when and where you need them;
- The VA Dental Insurance Program (VADIP), which enables Veterans and CHAMPVA beneficiaries to purchase dental insurance at a reduced cost;
- Home Health Care, which includes VA's Skilled Home Health Care Services (SHHC) and Homemaker and Home Health Aide Service (H/HHA); and
- The VA prescription benefit, which ensures that Veterans receive safe, effective, medically necessary medications at a good value
Learn More About Health Care Benefits
- Assess your health care eligibility
- Explore VA health benefits
- Search for a VA health facility
- Get an overview of the Veterans Health Administration
Apply for Health Care Benefits
To apply for health care benefits:
- Select the type of health benefits you need (VA Health Care, Purchased Care Health Benefits or TRICARE® Health Plans).
- Complete your form by providing information about you and your situation.
- Include supporting documents that support your claim.
- Submit your claim.
Start Your Application for Health Care Benefits
Apply for non-VA health care benefits and services for yourself and your family through the Purchased Care program.
Manage Your Health Care Benefits
Health Care Appeal Status
Use the VA Blue Button tool to view, print, and download information from your My HealtheVet account.
Enroll in the Virtual Lifetime Electronic Record (VLER) Health Program to securely share parts of your health records among VA, DoD, and selected private health care providers.
View your total out-of-pocket expenses, claim records, and TRICARE® fees for the current and prior fiscal years.
Complete the Move! questionnaire to get practical weight management advice. Print patient and provider reports that are based on your answers.