If you are a low-income, wartime period Veteran who meets certain age or disability requirements - or if you are a surviving family member of a Veteran who meets the criteria - you may be eligible to receive tax-free, supplemental income.
Learn More About Pension Benefits
- Learn more about pension eligibility for Veterans and survivors
- How to calculate survivors pension
- How to read pension benefit rate tables
Apply for Pension Benefits
If you need help applying, you can appoint a Veteran Service Officer, claims agent, or attorney to act on your behalf by using eBenefits to request a representative for VA Claims . If you prefer to apply online yourself, register for an eBenefits account or log in to your account.
To apply for pension benefits:
- Select the application below for Veterans using the Veterans Online Application (VONAPP). If you need help using VONAPP, please contact your VSO, claims agent, or attorney. For immediate assistance, call VA at 1-800-827-1000 Monday-Friday, 8am to 9pm EST.
- Complete your form by providing information about you and your situation.
- Include supporting documents that support your claim.
- Submit your claim.
Start Your Application for Pension
Supporting Tasks for Pension Applications
Upload additional documents to support your submitted pension claim.
Request an attorney, claims agent, or Veteran Service Organization (VSO) to help you prepare and submit claims for benefits.