Content starts here.
Content ends here.
VA offers several types of insurance, including:
- Comprehensive medical insurance - for more information, visit the Health benefits page;
- Group life insurance programs that provide financial security for Service members (SGLI), Veterans (VGLI), and their families (FSGLI);
- Veterans Mortgage Life Insurance (VMLI), which can provide mortgage protection for families of severely disabled Service members or Veterans; and
- Service-Disabled Veterans' Insurance (S-DVI), a life insurance benefit for Veterans who have service-connected disabilities but who are otherwise in good health.
Learn More About Insurance Benefits
- Learn more about insurance for Service members and Veterans
- Learn more about Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance
- Learn more about Veterans' Group Life Insurance
Apply for Insurance Benefits
To apply for insurance benefits:
- Select the insurance benefit you need. For options, review a complete list.
- Complete an application form, if necessary, for insurance coverage.
- Include supporting documents that support your application.
- Submit your application.
Start Your Application for Insurance
Manage Your Insurance Policy
Servicemembers' Group Life Insurance (SGLI)
Find out how much personal and family coverage your SGLI policy provides.